Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Windows Activation error: Code 0x8007232b


When i was trying  to activate Windows Server 2008 and got this error: 
“Activation Error: Code 0x8007232b .DNS Name does not exist”
Actually Windows was looking for KMS server for the activation . and when it did not find that , it threw error 0x8007232b.

Microsoft has a KB article for resolving the issue:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929826

I used following method to resolve the issueThe solution worked for me was:

1. Cick All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
2. Click Run as administrator.
3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: 
            slmgr -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Note: In this command, the xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx placeholder represents your MAK product key.

4. Now try to activate the Windows online, you will succeed.

2 comments :

  1. When I try to start windows then I receive this error 0x8007232b and unable to start my system. For the past few hours I tried to fix it but won’t then lastly went to search on the internet and when I get this page and follow the given below instructions then I have fix my PC. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your valuable comments

    ReplyDelete